Welcome, and thank you for taking the time to check out our Bespoke Relocation Program page. Many professionals in the finance industry and financial firms themselves are considering the benefits of Florida Residency. We understand that the decision to relocate yourself or your company can be difficult to navigate. We strive to streamline that process for our customers by offering a comprehensive relocation plan with one point of contact. You can explore more details about the program and its offerings below:
What We Offer
Our intent is to provide a single resource for individuals who are considering a purchase of a second home in South Florida or relocating their business. The new federal tax laws have created additional incentives for both individuals and businesses to pursue relocating to South Florida, but the complexities of the process can be a major hindrance. We aim to provide premium concierge-style real estate services to ensure that both individuals and companies have a smooth transition. As a former Wall Street executive, founder of the Brissi Group Ben Brissi intimately understands the challenges that can come up for finance industry professionals relocating from New York to Miami. Our custom-tailored suite of services is designed to meet the needs of financial executives, as well as executives across other industries. These services include:
- Complete confidentiality – Relocation is a sensitive matter and requires the utmost discretion. We pride ourselves in keeping the customer conversations and transaction details completely confidential from media outlets.
- Thorough understanding of South Florida’s tri-county area – Both Founder of the Brissi Group. Ben Brissi, and Co-Founder Zach Joslin, have lived in areas spanning Palm Beach County south in to Miami-Dade County. They know the tri-county area intimately and can help you locate both residential and commercial opportunities to meet your personal and business needs.
- Complimentary comprehensive plan to help you achieve your goals – Everyone moves, but all moves are different. At the Brissi Group we believe in providing a comprehensive relocation plan that addresses all of your goals. This includes a step-by-step outline of the process from initial brainstorming to the finishing touches that take into account the unique circumstances surrounding the relocation of yourself and your organization.
- One-on-one, in-person meetings to address the specifics of a purchase or overall relocation – For executives in any industry, time is a precious commodity. We aim to maximize your time by engaging in pre-planned in-person meetings to go over the specifics of your move in a clear and concise manner. Through conversation we are able to gather the information needed to devise the next steps in the process and take action.
- Strong ties to business relocation opportunities and incentives – EWM Realty International is the only residential real estate brokerage on the board of Miami-Dade County’s economic development organization, the Beacon Council. We are in a unique position to make introductions to the appropriate contacts who can help identify beneficial relationships for you to foster with local companies, as well as provide strategic advice. For qualifying companies there may also be tax incentives available for relocating.
- The strength of working with a Berkshire Hathaway affiliate. – Working with the Brissi Group of EWM Realty International, individuals and companies would have the full support of one of the most powerful residential real estate teams in America. Berkshire Hathaway’s HomeServices of America had 331,000 transactions and $127 Billion in sales volume in 2017.
- One single point of contact for all facets of the process – We will manage the search for both residences and office space, provide access to lending options, and access to legal and financial professionals through our strategic partnerships with the most reputable companies in our marketplace. Our team has individuals speaking 22 languages and a broad and diverse knowledge base able to assist in every situation.
Wall Street South
Miami is the second largest financial center in the United States after New York City, with the highest number of international banks in the country. While New York remains the undisputed center of the hedge-fund universe, there are now more than 500 money-management firms headquartered in Florida that run hedge, private equity, venture capital or other funds that are closed to the average investor. This number has doubled since 2013. The Miami metro area alone is home to more than 60 hedge funds, 63 wealth management firms, 19 private equity firms, 13 investment banks, 59 international banks, 50 community banks, and more than 200 family offices. In total there are over $300 Billion in assets under management by South Florida’s private wealth industry. These numbers continue to increase rapidly each year and we expect this trend to grow.
Miami Is A Financial Gateway To The Americas
Miami has long been regarded as a bridge, connecting the rest of the United States and North America to Latin America and the Caribbean. This provides financial firms in Miami with new and ever growing sources of capital. Many Latin American multi-national corporations have their North American headquarters in Miami and many North American companies have Latin American headquarters in Miami, leading to the nickname, Capital of Latin America. In fact, there are more than 1400 multinational corporations with headquarters in Miami. Because of the strong Latin influence felt in Miami’s culture, as well as the large Spanish-speaking population, many wealthy families as well as corporations from Latin America have found Miami to be a natural place to do business, invest, and to park capital. Many financial firms from around the country and the world, but especially from the Northeast have either relocated to South Florida or opened offices here to capitalize on this trend and gain access to these new sources of capital. These firms include names such as Starwood Capital, Universa Investments, Fairholme Capital, ESL Investments, Tudor Investment Group, Affiliated Managers Group, SkyBridge Capital, I Squared Capital, and Wexford Capital among others.
Lower Taxes = More Cash In Your Pocket For What Matters
Florida has zero state and local personal income tax while New York has a top marginal state income tax rate of 8.82% with an additional city tax of 3.876% for New York City residents. Florida’s property taxes are also relatively low, whereas the tri-state area has among the highest property taxes in the nation. Florida also has no estate tax and no capital gains taxes. In fact, Florida’s overall per capita state tax burden is the 4th lowest in the country. The new federal tax reforms place a cap of $10,000 on exemptions for state and local taxes and a cap of $10,000 on exemptions for property taxes. Capping that exemption could cost high-earners in high-tax states like New York hundreds of thousands of dollars a year because they are unable to expense their state and local taxes. For an individual or couple living in New York City and earning $2,100,000 per year, simply moving to Miami would save them $243,906 in state and local income taxes. In addition to the lower tax burden, Miami also has a significantly lower cost of living at only 10% above the national average compared to New York City’s 30%.
Take Advantage of Miami’s Incredible Lifestyle
Miami embodies the luxury lifestyle people desire. Miami is the number one city in the nation for luxury car sales and along with Fort Lauderdale is the Yachting Capital of the World. Miami is home to 194 museums, theaters, and stadiums including the award-winning Perez Art Museum Miami, Frost Museum of Science, Institute of Contemporary Art, Bass Museum of Art, Wolfsonian, and MOCA as well as the 2nd largest performing arts center in the United States, the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts. Miami is also a world center for arts with more than 600 galleries and the annual Art Basel, the world’s largest and best attended art fair. Miami Beach’s Art Deco district is home to the world’s largest collection of Art Deco architecture. Residents and visitors are offered a plethora of fine dining options with the 2nd highest number of James Beard Award-winning chefs in the United States as well as local outposts of New York staples such as STK, Catch, Nobu, Cipriani, Estiatorio Milo’s, and Tao. Miami is also home to some of the best luxury shopping in the country both with traditional malls like Bal Harbour Shops, the Village at Merrick Park, and Aventura Mall, as well as urban shopping experiences at Brickell CityCentre and the Miami Design District.
A Global Hub
The Miami metro is home to two of the top 20 airports in the nation, Miami International Airport (MIA) and Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL). Miami International Airport is ranked second in the country for international passenger traffic and first for international cargo. Both MIA and FLL rank among the fastest growing airports in the country. In addition, both airports have recently undergone multi-billion-dollar construction projects and now feature some of the most modern facilities in the country. MIA alone is served by 114 airlines, the largest number servicing a single U.S. Airport. In the past 5 years, the two airports have launched more than 80 new destinations with more than 60 of those being international routes. South Florida also has 2 of the busiest seaports in the nation with Port Miami and Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale. Port Miami is known as the cruise capital of the world and is the busiest passenger port in the United States with nearly 5 million annual passengers.
Miami has near-perfect weather with an annual average temperature of 76 degrees, warm ocean waters year-round with an annual average water temperature of 79 degrees due to the proximity of the gulf stream, and 252 sunny days per year. Miami Beach was recently named among the top 5 beach cities in the world and offers pristine beaches just steps from vibrant nightlife and luxury shopping. In addition, Miami-Dade county is home to the third largest park system in the country with more than 280 parks and is the only major city in North America to be surrounded by 2 National Parks with Everglades National Park to the west and Biscayne National Park to the southeast.
Miami – Why Wait?
We hope that you found the information above helpful as you consider the important decision of relocating. Miami offers a fantastic quality of life, great weather year round, and a business-friendly environment with state and local governments focused on helping your business grow, all while keeping more of your hard-earned money in your pocket. On average, you can replace your New York home with a luxury waterfront property in South Florida for a third of the cost.
If you would like to discuss your goals further, please call or text Ben at 561-870-2211 or Zach at 561-222-5240 or fill out the contact form below.